Corbin's Development

2007-01-20

Another prayer...

Tonight while we were still sitting on the couch after brushing his teeth, we asked Corbin if he wanted to say a prayer. He said yes and it went something like this: "Thank you God for Elmo and Zoe, crayons, blocks, books, trains, cars, bed, 'tato head, couch, Elmo, Legos... Grandma and Grandpa and Papa and Nana and Uncle Steven...AMEN!"

I just about lost it when he said couch. But I'm thankful he got around to people and not just the things he could see.

For the past three weeks he's been going through his normal list of "Obey Mommy, obey Daddy, obey Grandma and Grandpa, obey Papa and Nana" and adding a new member, "obey Uncle Steven." I don't think anyone ever told him to obey uncle Steven, but I've been getting a kick out of it. I don't think he spent any more time with Steven than Louise or Bob or Karla. Somehow Uncle Steven made quite an impression over Christmas break.